- Introduction to Dynamixel Motor Control Using the ArbotiX-M Robocontroller
- By: Daniel Jacobson
This manual is required reading for a new user. It serves as a comprehensive introduction to using the servos that make up MantisBot, including writing code to control them and understanding serial communications. It is very user-friendly. It should be available via the BioRobotics website, a senior student in the lab, or myself.
- MantisBot: A Robotic Platform for Development of Complex Neural Control
- By: David Chrzanowski
This is the M.S. thesis written outlining MantisBot. It provides a broad-stroke overview of the context for the robot and the major design decisions. This is published online through Ohio’s ETD system.
- AnimatLab Online Resources
- David Cofer – NeuroRobotic Technologies
The software used to simulate and control MantisBot is called AnimatLab. Originally used for full-physics simulations controlled with networks of biologically-inspired neurons, the software was expanded to include support for robotic control. Below are links to the online resources for the baseline software and the robotics interface respectively.
- Massively Distributed Neuromorphic Control for Legged Robots Modeled After Insect Stepping
- By: Nicholas Szczecinski
This M.S. thesis provided the inspiration for MantisBot. For someone looking to get into the neuroscience that controls MantisBot, this would be a good place to start. This is published online through Ohio’s ETD system.
- OEM e-manuals for servos and controller board